Monday, October 16, 2006

The Hurrier I go The Behinder I get...

I always liked that saying. It's so true for me. As usual I'm always behind. I don't know how I actually get anything done. The shoulder is feeling better all the time. I saw the Dr. today & he wants me to stay off work 1 more week. I feel bad for my co-workers because working short all the time really stinks. But I'm afraid if I aggrivate it again I'll be off even longer, so I'm being good. I don't dare work on anything big, so I've been doing very small things like Quards. The 1st is a belated birthday for my DSIL, Jon. Next is for my DGD, who loves all things Asian. Her birthday is the 18th.
"The Last Leaf of Autumn" is a postquard I made for a donation in Switzerland for the fight against breast cancer.
Lastly is the sunset from my front porch looking toward the Cook Inlet. Our veiw is mostly obscured by trees, but once the leaves have all dropped we can see bits of the inlet & nice sunset colors.

5 comments:

Karoda said...

a line from the book Beloved "you are your bestest thing"...take care and release the guilt about staying off another week.

the cool gray and the warm orange sky is such a beautiful combination of colour!

Anonymous said...

Get better soon and enjoy the week off! Beautiful sunset. I'll bet the days are really getting shorter now.

Micki said...

Glad the shoulder is doing better. Love the quards. That is a beautiful sunset.

Pat said...

I haven't been blogging much in the last weeks. Just catching up with you today. Everything you do is just wonderful ---- and inspiring. Be good to yourself during this "down time" -- what a gift to be able to slow down and watch the fabulous sunset. Pat

Anonymous said...

Did you mail Jon's card yet? We got Darian's, but never got Jon's.